There are a few scenarios that where code work, and progress in general, is saved.
Listed below are all the conditions that will trigger a save to projects, in either AppLab, GameLab, WebLab, Dance Party, CS Discoveries, or CS Principles levels:
- Finishing a level -
- Clicking "Submit" or "Finish" (where available) which will bring one to the next level
- Clicking either 'Run' or 'Share'
- If there has been a change in code since the last time 'Run' or 'Share' was clicked
- 15 minutes have passed while one is actively working on their code
- This will also trigger a new "Version History" entry for project-based levels
- Renaming one's project
For CS Discoveries, CS Principles, and CSA - students need to be logged in to work through the course.
For CS Fundamentals, Express, and Pre-Reader Express - we don't require students to be logged in while working on the course. If a student worked through the course while logged out, their progress would not save.