For K-5 training programs:
We offer 1-day workshops around the U.S. for K-5 teachers, free of charge! These workshops will provide an intro to computer science, pedagogy, overview of the online curriculum, teacher dashboard, and strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities. Workshops last 6-7 hours and will prepare you to teach the Code.org courses for grades K-5. Click here to find a workshop near you!
What you'll get from attending a workshop:
- in-person instruction from an experienced computer science facilitator
- an intro to computer science and pedagogy
- an overview of the online curriculum and teacher dashboard
- a printed curriculum guide containing course lesson plans
- strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities
- classroom supplies for the unplugged activities
- a certificate of completion
- a bag of Code.org swag
For middle and high school training programs:
In some cases, travel may be required to attend workshops for the CS Discoveries and CS Principles professional learning programs. Meals and course materials will be provided. Your Regional Partner will schedule and lead these workshops, and will provide more details.