All users should be able to update their email addresses from the new account settings page. Note that email addresses in student accounts are only used for login and account recovery - we do not store these email addresses in plaintext. This is why we are unable to display email addresses on student account pages and they will show up as simply saying "encrypted" instead.
Follow these steps in order to update your primary email address:
- Sign into your Code.org account
- Go to your Account Settings page
- If you see a banner to update your accounts page, go ahead and click the "Try New Version" button. Eventually, everyone will be moved to the new version automatically.
- You should now see a field called "Email" under the section "Edit Account Details." There will be a link that says "Update" next to your current primary email address. Click on the "Update" button, which should then bring up a dialog.
- Fill out the dialog with your new email address (and a password if you have one set).
- Click the orange "Update email address" button to finish updating your email address.
Note: If you do not see an "update" link, it's likely that you are a student who hasn't set up an email address for your account. In that case, you will need to first create a personal login. Learn more about that here.