Yes! You can use an existing login with a third-party authentication provider to sign in to Code.org. We support SSO from Google, Facebook, and Microsoft. Simply click on the provider on our sign-in or sign-up pages:
In addition, we also support SSO from Clever and Powerschool. In order to sign in with Clever, you must click on the Code.org widget on your Clever dashboard. It looks like this:
(If you're a school administrator, check out our help articles for School & District Administrators for more information, such as on how to add the Code.org to the Clever dashboard)
If you have an existing Code.org account, you can easily link other sign in methods like Google or Clever to your existing account. Check out these steps below:
- Sign into your Code.org account
- Go to your Account Settings page studio.code.org/users/edit
- If you see a banner to update your accounts page, go ahead and click the "Try New Version" button.
- Scroll down to the section that says "Manage Linked Accounts." It will look something like this:
- Click "Connect" under the "Actions" column for whatever login type you want to connect with (e.g. Google Account). This should successfully connect the login type to your account.
- Now you should be able to sign in with your new login type! For example, you can sign in on the right side of our sign-in page studio.code.org/users/sign_in by clicking the options for either Continue with: Google, Microsoft, or Facebook.