Here are the latest updates we've made across the Code.org website and platform! Updates from previous months can be found at the bottom of this article!
All kinds of new updates for back-to-school season! For more info, check out our dedicated Back-to-school FAQ and Updates article. Here you'll find more info on :
- What's new in this year's CS Fundamentals, CS Discoveries, and CS Principles curriculum
- New how-to walkthrough videos for teachers!
- We launched AI Lab as part of the latest CS Discoveries curriculum, in Unit 7! This unit allows students to use a wide range of pre-supplied datasets or upload data to train a machine learning model. The trained model can then be used in App Lab!
- “Simulation” lessons display a new overlay and timer that is easier to translate and friendlier for pre-readers.
- Improved right-to-left language experience for our navigation bar, teacher dashboard,course overview pages, AI for Oceans tutorial, Outbreak tutorial, click-and-drag tutorials, and x-y coordinate tutorials!
- "Reset" warning. We added a warning dialog when students try to clear code on a level that shares code with another level.
- Added ‘Lockable’ section feature. Teachers can now prevent additional students from joining a section via section code. On rare occasions, a student with malicious intent (often with an inappropriate display name) will attempt to join a teacher’s section. This feature gives teachers the ability to lock down a section that is being targeted with malicious individuals joining it.
- Sections are now capped at 500 students to avoid performance issues in large sections. A full section cannot have students added, copied, or moved to it, and students cannot join it.
Other than our how-to walkthrough videos mentioned above, we have many more new videos on Sprite Lab, Play Lab, CS Principles, and teacher tips for CS Discoveries!
Why AI Matters (with Deb Raji) - features Jordan Pull, our first Native American speaker
- Teacher Tips for CSD
Previous product updates can be found here: https://support.code.org/hc/en-us/sections/360001984712-Product-Updates . If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com !