Previously, students who finished the last puzzle of a stage would be automatically pushed along to the next stage. We don’t want to take away students’ ability to see what’s next, but we also wanted to help teachers keep their class on track. That’s why we dropped in a “speed bump” that gives students constructive activities to explore after they complete a stage. We call this speed bump lesson extras.
To turn on lesson extras for a section of yours:
- visit your list of sections (at studio.code.org/home)
- click the down-facing arrow to the far right of one of your sections
- choose 'edit section details'
- assign a course that allows for Lesson Extras, which will then show an on/off option for Lesson Extras
Courses that support lesson extras are:
- Courses A-F
- Courses 1-4
- Express and Pre-express courses
- 20-hour Accelerated course
- CS Discoveries Units 3 and 6
You can read more about this feature on our teacher blog at: http://teacherblog.code.org/post/149328400419/allow-your-students-to-keep-learning-without