In Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + J on a Windows computer (or Chromebook), or Cmd (command) + Shift + C on a Mac.
In Safari: press Cmd + Opt (option) + C.
In Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + J on a Windows computer, or Cmd + Shift + J on a Mac.
In Internet Explorer: press F12, then click the 'console' tab.
How to take screenshots
On a Mac:
- Press command + shift + 3 for a full screenshot of your entire display
- Press command + shift + 4 to take a partial screenshot
- Screenshots will be saved to your desktop
On a Windows computer:
- Press the PrtScn key on your keyboard to save a screenshot to your clipboard, which can be pasted into a document for saving.
- Windows 10 computers will come default the Snipping tool installed. This tool can be used to take partial screenshots.
On a Chromebook:
- Press Ctrl + F5, or Ctrl + this key:
- The screenshot will pop up as a notification, and there's a "Copy to clipboard" button in this notification, which you can paste into a document or email for sharing.